Guidelines And Instructions for Social Work Child Welfare Fellowship Applicants
|All materials must be received by Monday, March 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM.Please read the following guidelines and application requirements before beginning your application. The application and a brief CV (no more than 4 pages) should be emailed to email@example.com.The three letters of recommendation must be emailed by the recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
APPLICATION INFORMATION SHEET
Preferred Contact Address:
Phone: (h)_____ (w)_____(c)_____
List degrees obtained: Type, Date, Where
NASW chapter affiliation:
Briefly state your area(s) of child welfare interest and experience:
- Candidate Statement: Provide a statement of no more than 1,000 words about your qualifications for the Fellowship, including your career goals, your areas of specialty and your public policy interests. The statement must address:
- Rationale: Reasons for applying for the Social Work Child Welfare Congressional Fellowship.
- Qualifications: A summary of your expertise and background including your areas of interest and examples of activities and attributes that will position you to be successful in undertaking this Fellowship.
- Contribution: A description of what you think you can specifically contribute if you are awarded this Fellowship.
- Career Goals: Discuss your goals for the future, after completing the Fellowship, and how you envision that the Fellowship would support these goals.
- Resume/CV: Provide a resume/CV of no more than 4 pages (2000 words) that highlights your education, expertise, achievements, honors, participation in boards or involvement in community and/or professional associations, and publications.
- Letters of Reference: Three recommendation letters are required. These need to be submitted directly to the Social Work Policy Institute, via email, to email@example.com the application deadline of Monday, March 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
Letters of recommendation are an important and essential part of the application. The individuals should comment on your professional competence and other qualities that make you an excellent candidate for this fellowship. Recommendation letters are confidential and should be submitted separately from your application.