University/Agency Child Welfare Research Partnerships Toolkit Available
The Institute for the Advancement of Social Work Research (IASWR) developed, Strengthening University/Agency Partnerships to Enhance Child Welfare Outcomes: A Toolkit for Building Research Partnerships. It was a result of an inter-organizational initiative undertaken in collaboration with the National Association of Deans and Directors and with support and technical assistance from Casey Family Programs (CFP). The initiative examined strategies, resources and technical assistance needed to promote strong child welfare research partnerships between universities and state or county public agencies. The report:
- Identifies existing strategies that result in effective partnerships and attributes to guide successful endeavors.
- Highlights practical strategies to strengthen child welfare research partnerships between universities and public child welfare agencies.
- Provides guidance to address sticky issues that often bog down such partnerships and identifies common technical assistance needs.
- Identifies examples of research centers
- Identifies sources of funding and gaps in funding.
- Recommends national, state level and university action steps that can be taken to build and sustain child welfare research partnerships.